New to cloth diapers?

If you are just starting out and want more information on cloth diapers, check out my posts in October and November of 2009. This will give you information on types of cloth diapers, washing routines etc..... You are welcome to email me if you have any questions.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

More on washing: Diaper Covers

I realized that I didn't touch on how to wash your waterproof diaper covers. Waterproof covers need to be treated a little differently than your prefold or fitted diapers. Follow the manufactures recommendations when washing diaper covers. I would recommend washing them separately from your diapers. This will prolong the life of your covers greatly. Make sure to use the same detergent that you use for your diapers and rinse well to remove any residue. Sometimes I will wash a cover or two with my regular clothes. This seems to work fine for me, just remember to fasten the hook and loop or if the cover has laundry tabs, fasten them. This will keep your hook and loop from collecting lint. Hang them to dry. This will also keep them nice longer and save on energy. PUL and nylon covers dry fast. Fleece soakers can be washed with your regular laundry. Wool covers need to be hand washed in tepid water with a soap that is made specifically for washing wool diaper covers. (Do not use Woolite). I recommend Eucalan wool wash. More on wool later.

No comments:

Post a Comment